Sweet Science Boxing Club 7th Annual USA Boxing Masters Division Clinic
Time & Location
About The Event
Sweet Science Boxing Club 7th Annual USA Boxing Masters Division Boxing Clinic. Sweet Science Boxing Club USA Boxing Masters Clinics are 3 day hands on boxing clinics designed to teach, instruct and educate the USA Boxing Masters boxer on the competitive USA Boxing Masters Division for Adults 35+ years in age. Conducted by USA Boxing Committee Chairperson, USA Boxing Level 2 Coach, USA Boxing Level 1 Official, previous competitive masters boxer, Sweet Science Boxing Club owner Marty P. Hill and his staff of USA Boxing Certified Coaches.
Day 1- Friday July 12 2019
8:00AM -Breakfast (Athlete Check in and Registration)
9:00AM- Morning Session Begins
- Introduction into Masters Boxing
- Purpose of the Masters Boxing Clinic
- Proper competitive boxing fundamentals (Proper punch technique, footwork, stance, movement)
- Competitive Boxing Defense (Head movement, Footwork, Distance Control,
- Competitive Boxing Offense (When, What, Where and How to execute punches and combinations for competitive boxing)
2:00 PM- Afternoon session Begins
- Intro into instructional sparring.
- benefits of sparring.
- dos and dont's of sparring.
- Differences in instructional sparring and competition grade sparring.
- Light instructional sparring (outside of the boxing ring) .
- Offense to Defense Sparring and Defense to Offense (within in the boxing ring)
5:00 PM DAY 1 SESSION CONCLUDES
DAY 2- Saturday July 13 2019
8:00 AM- Breakfast (Athlete Check in)
9:00 AM- Morning Session Begins
- How to Identify a USA boxing coach and Masters friendly boxing gym
- How to register and become USA Boxing Masters Division Boxer.
- How to identify and find tournaments for the Masters Boxer.
- What to expect at your first competitive amateur boxing tournament
- Strength and Conditioning for the Masters Boxer.
- How to properly train for competitive boxing ( bag work, jump rope, focus mitts, sparring)
2:00 PM Afternoon Session Begins
- Light instructional sparring (offense to defense and defense to offense)- outside of the boxing ring
- Competition Grade sparring simulation (Within the Boxing Ring)
- Sparring review (video review of sparring session)
5:00 PM DAY 2 SESSION CONCLUDES
8:00 PM Saturday evening Closing ceremony and Networking Event (Location TBT)
Day 3- Sunday July 14th 2019
(optional as many travel home)
- 9am-1pm Light Sparring
- Masters Clinic Registration$99$990$0